Thursday, November 2, 2017

Life... Changed Forever

Two years.... It's been a while! So much has happened... So much has changed.

I'm now a GED completer. I now have three part-time jobs. I'm now living on my own. I have a music ministry. I'm preparing to likely start college in January.

In so many ways I feel so very different... Adjusting to American life again was not easy. I felt very out of place. Very afraid. Very awkward. But it was all good for me.

It feels like I've learned and grown more in the last two years than I did in the previous five.

Hopes cherished and shattered.

Heart warmed and broken.

Mind stretched and challenged.

Life... Changed forever.

And that's what really matters, isn't it? Oh, the trials God has allowed! There were times I thought I could bear absolutely not one bit more. But I've been reminded of His promise... "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way of escape that ye may be able to bear it."

It doesn't matter what the trials look like... how they feel. God has not allowed a single one but that He has also provided the strength and grace for me to make it through. Sadly, I have not always accepted that grace... I've fallen more times than I can count.

But He is faithful still. His love remains unchanged. His mercies are new every morning.

There's much to look forward to on the horizon. Much change... Some is exciting. Some a bit frightening.

But this I know: whatever befalls, I can trust Him.

He's got this whole world in His hands... And I know He'll hold me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment