Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Lord, What Would You Have Me to Do?

  I know, I still have nearly four months left here in Thailand... But I can't help thinking of leaving. Raquel only has less than two weeks left until she leaves. Maybe that is what has made me think about it lately.

  I haven't just been thinking about leaving though. I've been thinking of the great need here-the need of more medical assistance, teachers, translators... The list goes on.

  I was told not too long ago that they may be losing some teachers for the next school year. They are trying to set up a medical missionary type program for the graduates who are teachers already and for this year's graduating class. If God blesses and all works out, that means at least four or five teachers will become students again, which places a bigger strain on the school to find teachers. 

  My heart burns every time I think about it. What if I could come back next year? I could help teach again! I could help with other things too. That would be so awesome! I would absolutely love to come back for a whole year! I can't help but get excited just thinking of the possibility!

  But then reality hits again. Haley, you don't know if it can even happen yet. Yes, there is a great need here. You could be very useful. But you forget you have no money to come back. Yes, that is true. I could not come back without God providing the necessary funds. But our God is a God of miracles! It was a miracle that I got here, and if I come back it will be a miracle then as well.

  My prayer is, "Lord, what would You have me to do?" I know Sunshine Orchard could use my help, but I don't know if this is where God wants me next year. Will you please join me in prayer? I greatly appreciate it!

  I'm so glad God has brought me here to help these people, and I would love to come back next year if that is God's will! If God moves on your heart to make this dream a reality, please let me know! :) 

  A big thank you to all of you who helped me get here! I can never thank you enough for being willing to sacrifice so I could come. If you can't give financially, then please just pray. Prayer is powerful, and I know God will provide if He sees best!

  Thank you all so much! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment