Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What Really Matters...

  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Christian young lady in the world who has ever wondered about "that special one" God has for her.
  'Does He have one for me? What will he be like?'
  Many questions have crossed my mind, but the one that has seemed to bother me the most over the years is, 'How tall will he be?'
  I have had quite a few good friends who were guys and they were shorter than me. It has worried me a lot- the thought of falling in love with a short guy.
  I always wanted to marry someone much taller and at least a little bigger than me; someone who, as one of my friends put it, 'I could hide behind.' Someone I could look up to, in both senses of that phrase.
  I know-you're probably thinking that is something very silly to worry about. But it was a real concern of mine.
  I've prayed about it quite a bit. 'Lord, please let him be taller than me...'
  A few days ago though, I was thinking along these lines once again, when, very clearly I heard God speak to my heart.
  "Haley. I see the end from the beginning. I know what is best for you. You are worrying for nothing. Do you trust Me? Does it really matter how tall he is? What about his character? Isn't that what is really important? If you trust me to lead you, I will. I won't fail you. I know who you are. I know who he is. In My timing, I will lead you to him. You will be happiest with the one I choose. When you are in love, his height won't matter. His character, his love for Me and you-that is that will matter. Just trust Me. Surrender. Don't worry. I love you and want what is best for you."
  And suddenly, I got it. For the first time, I realized that something that had bothered me for years didn't have to anymore. God wanted me to trust Him with everything-my wants, my needs, my worries, my fears. All of it I gave to Him once more.
  Whether short or tall, big or small-I don't care anymore. If he is the one God has for me, I will be content. I will trust my God to do what is best for me.
 
  And that's what really matters... Learning to trust God with all that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment